Since Sunland was founded in 1982, the most consistent answer to the question “What makes Sunland a great place to work?” continues to be, “The people & the culture.”
As Sunland has grown from a local to national third-party logistics company, the Leadership Team has been very intentional about caring for and investing in our people & making sure the positive culture continues. Sunland’s Company Values are at the heart of our positive, continuous improvement culture.
Our values are not just words on the wall, they are the cornerstones for guiding how we behave and make decisions, so we can help our people and our customers to be better.
What We Offer Team Members
Comprehensive Team Member Benefits Plans
- National insurance provider with multiple options for medical plans
- Dental, vision, paid and voluntary life insurance options as well as critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (9 paid holidays, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty, Time off to Vote)
Company Wide Communication
To help keep team members at all levels of the organization feeling connected and informed about what’s going on at Sunland, there are multiple channels of communication established.
- Daily Startup Meetings
- Weekly Positive Text Message
- Special Friday Kickoff Meetings
- Monthly Leadership Messages
- The Sunlander – Quarterly Team Member Newsletter
- Annual Team Member Engagement Surveys
- Team Member Hotline
“My team members are incredible. We know what we have to accomplish, and we give our utmost to make the goals. We also help each other. We rise, or fall together.”Inventory AuditorMcDonough, GA
“It's not just a job, it's a structured environment to work, where you can be you! Come as you are, no worries, Sunland has indirectly taught us to take care of one another. We work hard, have fun, and get well compensated for doing so. The opportunities are endless; advancing your skills are highly encouraged. Working for Sunland has been a pleasure and a great opportunity.”Quality Controller, Outbound ShippingMilan, TN
“I like the family vibe and how rapidly the company is growing”Solutions EngineerCorporate
“[I like the] True family atmosphere! Endless opportunities to learn and grow. And.....my team!”Operations SupervisorNorth Charleston, SC
“I like working for Sunland because, they will promote you and give you a chance to do other things if they see the potential in you. They don't hold you back. I also like that Sunland has high technology that brings everyone in the know.”Team LeadMilan, TN
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The EAP is available for free to all team members and immediate family members. An EAP is a completely confidential counseling program that covers issues such as marital and family concerns, depression, substance abuse, grief and loss, financial entanglements and other personal issues.
Opportunities for personal & professional development through both internal & external outlets, including but not limited to:
- Sunland Lean Belt Certification Training program for all team members
- Learning Management System with both assigned lessons & opportunities to explore additional subjects of interest
- Mid-year and Full year performance feedback
- Optional career development plans with opportunities to explore new positions
- SunRaisers Program – opportunities to engage in or lead community outreach projects
ICARE Week takes place each Quarter at all of our locations. During this week special activities are planned to show appreciation to our team members and have some fun as a team. Additionally, Quarterly and Annual Awards are given to nominated and committee-selected team members who have been recognized for going above and beyond to help their team and their customers succeed.